In this video, I review a pretty cool new product I have found called The Land Shark Survival Bag.
This bag is similar to the Blizzard Survival bag that I reviewed previously. Its basically a Mylar type survival bag that was designed to prevent hypothermia, however, this bag can also be used in waterborne operations as well as SERE applications.
This bag is much more versatile IMO than the Blizzard Bag.
Size Opened: 38″ x80″
Weight: 22 ounces
1) Military-Grade Construction
Tightly woven, ripstop reinforced waterproof seams reduce punctures or tears during use.
2) Composite Reinforced, Ripstop Material
Strengthens Land Shark reducing punctures and tears, even while user is wearing heavy boots.
3) Aluminized Film Combats hypothermia and eliminates infrared emissions for stealth and evasion from high-tech, body heat detection equipment. The aluminized material is also radar reflective for search aircraft, search & rescue teams and high speed vessels moving at night over water.
4) Heat Retention
A micro-thin layer of aluminized film reflects up to 80% of radiated body heat – highly effective in combating hypothermia on land or in the water with a life vest on.
5) Vapor Barrier
Land Shark is completely windproof and waterproof. This barrier prevents body oils, waste and blood from exiting the bag when used in water.
6) An Instant Shelter
Simply cut a Land Shark along the seams and prop up its sides to create an incredibly visible, waterproof shelter, which also protects from the sun’s rays.
7) Reversible – Orange/Camo
The International Orange color makes an excellent emergency signal, readily visible to search & rescue teams from great distances. Digital Camo provides visual masking for avoiding detection.
8) Eyelets help attach the 550 paracord when making a shelter out of Land Shark.
9) 550 Paracord Drawstring
Used to create a hood or to close the shelter entirely for maximum protection and body heat retention. In the water, the closed bag helps prevent water ingestion in heavy seas.
10) Sea-Dog® Clip and Survival Whistle
Integral tether easily links multiple survivors together during a survival situation at sea. Creates a larger target for search & rescue teams to locate on open water, as well as a whistle to attract attention from great distances.
Video Rating: / 5